Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Inshallah

'Inshallah' is a term used in Arabic that means "God willing."  For example, one might say, "I will see you this weekend, Inshallah" or "It will be in the mail tomorrow, Inshallah."  From what I hear, this is a word used way too often and can be misinterpreted by expats like me (because things just don't happen in the rest of the world on the same timeline as we are used to in the United States.) 

I am learning all about the 'Inshallah' in my life.  It looks like we will be flying out sometime between August 8th and 11th, give or take a few days, Inshallah.  I also do not know exactly what city we will  living in, what my school will be, nor what grade I will be teaching.  I will find out all of these very important details out when I get there, Inshallah.  As I am the type of person who likes to be in control and have a schedule and a list (and stick to it!) I am trying to give all of that over to God since I know He is ultimately in control.  It's always easier said than done!

This is a map showing where in the world we will be living.  Stay tuned...




1 comment:

  1. The "freedom" of using Insha'Allah has me on edge. I love schedules and timelines. Insha'Allah is a great way to dismiss them of the sorts. This will be one of the biggest challenges for me.

    ReplyDelete